Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LISTED! And Other Serendipity-Do-Dahs.....



It has happened. What we have been waiting for is now here. I am getting my feet under me. Anna is adjusting from the adrenaline rush and is excited about this "Holy Shit" moment. We have been waiting, fretting, preparing and now the energy has shifted. Anna is listed in the lung transplant registry with a number, 37.7074 and is the 13th on the current lung transplant list at Stanford. Did you hear me, she is number 13! That is her number in life, born on July 13th it has been a number that she always identifies with! It is also on my apartment door, 1513. I knew this was the right apartment when I saw the address, of course, the perfect place to wait for Anna's transplant. Could anything be more perfect? Of course there is more as you might say, serendipity-do-dah.........

I found out today another reason why this apartment was so right for me. When I first rented the apartment, over 1 month ago, Doug suggested that I should first know who the upstairs tenants were as maybe they were noisy or..... "How am I supposed to do that?" I questioned this seemingly tricky and impossible task. The day before I signed the lease I decided to walk over to the apartment in the early morning to listen for noise, especially train noise. While walking around I stopped a man walking his cute Tibetan Terrier. I asked him what the complex was like and he was positive, a good place to live. A little while later I ran into him again and we talked a bit more. I told him which apartment I was going to rent and of course he said, "I live above that apartment. I am your neighbor." OK, this is the way things have been happening since day one on this journey. I should not have been surprised, but I was........

He continued to tell me that he was so glad the young guys who had been in there left as they were partyers and very noisy. I assured him I would be very quiet. So, today, a woman stopped me and introduced herself as his wife who lived upstairs. She told me that her husband was very disturbed by the former tenants and their noise so that now he thinks that "that woman downstairs is a miracle!" because I am so quiet. Can you believe it, I am the miracle! And to top that, after I poured my heart out with why I was renting the apartment to be near Anna she told me amazing news. She knew all about lung transplant because her nephew received a heart-lung transplant at Stanford 13 years ago because of, you guessed it, CF! He is doing great! She lives above me! She wants me to come over for a glass of wine and if I need anything she wants to help. My question, who is directing this play anyway! Who ever it is is in love with magic and connections and making this feel like a storybook.

When Anna got the call I was in SF getting my hair cut. After morning treatment I zoomed up to have Isabel cut my hair as one other thing to get off of my to do list. while I was gone Anna's friend Emily visited Anna. They celebrated Anna's July birthday and she gave her a gift of a sweet string bracelet with a tiny lotus. The card that came with this special jewelry titled this piece as "New Beginnings". Out of the mud the lotus grows in the sun to a new day. Emily tied it on as they both made a wish for Anna's new beginning. The card says that when the bracelet falls off or is removed over time the wish comes true. They said their friendship good-byes and just two minutes later the phone rang. Anna was officially approved. She was listed at 3:10:59 on 07-27-2010. The power of love from Emily helped to empower Anna to accept this news and shift to the new position, LISTED!!!!!

So, now that means, any time, really, any time. Am I ready? No, wait, I have some adjusting to do. I need to settle into this mode, this is as Anna says the "Holy Shit" mode. Doug and I still have to set up our phone and email lists.......... anything else? We are all excited, scared and energized. Well, maybe that is all we need to do. I guess we are ready. My hair is cut, the bills are paid, we have many options for Roxy. So, it is any time. That feels so immediate, so now, but I know it could be months from now. I know I am not in control, or am I? Am I the director of this play? Who is? Is it energy follows thought? Or is it thought follows energy? Do we create our own realities? Are we at the mercy of another creator? Such questions to ponder......

And, to complete this monumental blog post I want to send love to the donor family. It makes me stop, this is serious and a somber moment as well. We are traveling into a confluence, a circumstance with many emotions and consequences. One tragedy will turn another tragedy into a triumph. One grief will turn to joy and hope, and one new grief and woe will begin for another. Take a moment to contemplate this. Take a moment to hold this gently, seriously, consciously, gratefully, respectfully. I take this moment and feel the rawness, the piercing emotions, the deep meaning, the profound opportunity. Om Mani Padme Hum....................

2 comments:

  1. amazing, fantastic, awesome, incredible news!! ...and as a caviat...13 is my lucky number as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great news! The next step in the journey begins.
    All our Love to you and Anna.
    Virginia and Patty

    ReplyDelete