Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is





Dearest darling Sara, the other fabulous daughter of mine and incredible sister to Anna took over her care for a couple of days. We are still not in the listed time line so we are continuing to find ways to get away and get things done while we can. Each time I get, I use it to my best advantage. As I said before it takes more for me to be restored, but my energy is much better now that we are almost there, I mean almost to the beginning of the waiting. It is a relief that all the evaluation is complete.

This morning I woke up realizing that I had the best sleep I have had in weeks. I have been waking up multiple times between 2 and 6 and sometimes just simply getting up and then falling back to sleep on the couch. Grief, anxiety, anticipation of melanoma, and all of it has been interfering with my dream life. Last night was different. I slept all the way to 7:30. Amazing, the first thing that popped into my mind was, that must mean I feel at home. Home, where is home? Right now I have three places I am calling home, Sunnyvale, Livermore and Murphys. This morning I woke up in Murphys.

We are always healed when we are in Murphys. This is where we have our country home in the oaks and pines of the foothills. It is where the wind chime gently sings in tune with the songbirds and I sit on my deck listening to the melody. The tunes are different in Murphys, there is the gentle rush of wind through the trees, the obvious silence, the chirping, the tweeting, the buzz of hummingbird wings. The warmth here blankets me and lets me know I am in a different climate. It is hot in the summer time but that just slows everything down. It is a kinder pace here.

When I walk the trail behind my house I imagine I am walking in the foot steps of the Miwoks who lived here 150 years ago. This was where there was a large settlement of native people. The birds sang to them here, they found the hawk and eagle feathers here that they used for ceremonies. A short walk along the creek we see the left over grinding holes telling their stories of the women mashing acorns while their children splashed and played in the creek. The land here has a special vibration. It resonates with our souls. We are connected here in a way that we are not in the bay area. So, does that mean that this is home?

Home is where the heart is. That is a famous saying. Home is where we are with the ones we love. Home is the hearth where the soup is made to nourish and restore the body. Home is where we rest. This home is where before I went to bed I laid outside on the deck and watched the stars. There were a few shooting stars, a few satellites, a UFO, many other stars and the wonder of the night. The pin points of light that shine in the night are like diamonds and treasures for the taking. I took a few and put them in my pocket and I slept well, very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment