Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

I Kid You Not!!!!!!!!!!



This is how the week of transplant evaluation ended........... I kid you not! I had to take a picture to prove it to you. It was from another fortune cookie at Anna's condo after dinner with food from Hunan Garden. There were three cookies and this was mine. I opened it just as I was to leave for the evening. Can you believe it? Unbelievable, but I'll take it. After all, I have a miracle on order. What better way to be told it is about to arrive than from the mail of a fortune cookie? It makes total sense. But, Anna and I have sworn, no more fortune cookies, this spate of lucky ones can not last forever?

So, the unseen magical world seems to be in order and all in our favor but this week was also about the physical world and Anna's body. That is all in order too. She is in "the window". The window is where a patient is sick enough to need a transplant and well enough to heal from it and thrive. That is where Anna is and there is nothing to disqualify her from the surgery. They know about everything now about her body, no secrets left. She is in great shape to make this a success and yes, she passes, she will be accepted and on the list shortly.

We met with Dr. Weill on Thursday in the pre-transplant clinic. He was reassuring. We really like him. Since Dr. Weill is now also an adult CF doctor we have come to know him in the last 2 years and find him to be impressive. Anna feels that she is in great hands and is confident that all will go as well as it can with the team at Stanford. After the meeting, Anna asked me, "did you notice my reaction when Dr. Weill said I can have the transplant? I excitedly clapped my hands! Mom, don't let me forget that when I get scared." I promise, Anna.

So now what is next is the final approval of the insurance company, it may take a week or so. The team meets on Mondays and of course next Monday is a holiday so her case will be formally presented on the 12th. Dr. Weill said there will be no issues as she is a great candidate. So perhaps the listing will be on the 13th. Wouldn't that be poetic justice? That is Anna's 29th birthday. What a present! How many of you want a transplant listing for your birthday? Bet it is at the top of the list for many of you, just kidding............

So, it looks like what the fortune says may indeed come true, "You will soon witness a miracle", FABULOUS!!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I love reading your journal, Robin...and Anna's too. What amazing women you are <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Rob...Little signs for big things! XO

    ReplyDelete