Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Crows, A Visitation

Crows came to my feeder yesterday and today in Livermore. This was discovered when Sara and Lou came to dinner last night and as they entered the house Sara said, "You have so many crows in the front yard!" I went to look and there they were at the antique birdbath turned bird feeder. Hmmmmm. On the one hand it is not a mystery why they were there. I bought some new songbird food with pieces of dried fruit mixed in. I am sure they were attracted by that. On the other hand, I have a personal relationship with crows.

As I left this morning to return to Sunnyvale they were there again munching away and talking. I hear you crow. I don't think a lot of people really appreciate crows. They usually are not well liked. They can do mischief and they are scavengers, but I like them. They are fascinating to me. I talk to them and think they talk back to me. Besides, when I was spending time in a Lakota Indian Circle our medicine teacher painted a drum for me with what she said was my power animal, the crow and raven. The native peoples consider the crow and raven as the eagles of the west. The west is where the sun goes down into the darkness, into the mystery of the night. It is the mystery that is a large part of this experience. Depending upon transplant to save a life, to give new life involves a web of interconnectedness that is mind boggling and so very mysterious. What is the unseen agreement or connection between the donor and the recipient? Is this a special or ancient karma coming to fruition?

Another sign, yes, to lift my spirits and give me a kick start to another week. The crows call and tell me about the mystery of it all. They give warning. They are dark and daring, aloof, tricky and smart, very smart. Just seeing them there made me feel OK, things are in the right place. I thank them for sharing a little of their crow-ness with me.


1 comment:

  1. To dear Crows
    Does you know "Yangwu"(sun crow)?
    The myth of China, and the Three-legged crow that in the sun.
    Moreover, the Three-legged crow that symbolizes the sun appears in classics of Japan in the name of "Yatagarasu". It is said that this "Yatagarasu" led emperor's military forces.
    After that, "Yatagarasu" as the symbol of Japanese football.

    And, believe that the Crows of affection leads the miracle, and the dream is realized.

    ReplyDelete