Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Full Moon and Two Peggys

Crickets, a long sound and a quick, repeated thousands of times at night. Warm air scented with pine, animal screams and odd sounds in the trees, a skunk, or a possum, or an alien sort, I do not know. A full moon rising from the east soon to lighten the dark. The moon is a woman's ancient measure of time. Lunar light reflects the feminine. Night time gazing at a moon connects women to women where ever they are on the earth. There is a bond unique to the sex, cyclical and mysterious.

I sit on my deck one story higher than the critters crawling around below. I am safe from their antics and they are safe from mine. This is a summer night warm and comfortable but a very different place than in the morning with the sun light upon the shadows after the creatures have returned to their lairs. I am back in Murphys again, now on a full moon.

I did not think we would be able to be here again this summer. I thought Anna would have been listed by now but we are taking advantage of this time. Anna said, " we need to have fun, all of the fun we can, now." So we are obeying. In the light of this moon that we saw rising with the sunset as we drove into the foothills I am enjoying the night and thoughts about two women that I know, that I connect with.

In honor of "we need to have fun", today has been fun. We enjoyed friendship time in Livermore with Peggy and Bill and arrived here late to spend tomorrow on the lake with Peggy and Ron. I have two Peggys. Everyone should have two Peggys. Well if you only have one, you are doing pretty good but with two it is amazing. Peggy "1" and Peggy "2" are the best type for friends. They are special moon time friends, intelligent, sweet, kind, and giving. They also have a special quality that makes for a real friendship, they care and are not afraid to become involved, to ask questions, to learn about me and our situation, to be there. I love to be with them and to listen and to give to them too. Just who they are makes me feel loved and want to love back, like a reflection of the moon light.

When we arrived tonight Peggy "2" left a bouquet at our front door welcoming us home. Wow, so thoughtful (and that means her Ron too). All day Peggy "1" was such a fun and devoted friend (along with her Bill). I am so blessed to have two Peggys especially because I have these different places to live. So, no matter where I am, I have a Peggy!

Full Moon, two Peggys, evening air, distractions from the wait. Life is good. Yes, life is very good when you have two Peggys.............

No comments:

Post a Comment