Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update

Day 31, awaiting the call for Anna's double lung transplant.

Weeks ago I wrote about comfort food and goat yogurt. I am measuring my residency of the apartment by the number of goat yogurts I consume while living there. As of today I have completed 11 goat yogurts! mmmmmm and there were many peaches, blueberries and bananas that went with those as well. The apartment has been home away from home for part of my week for about 2 1/2 months now.......... all going well. By the way, my neighbor upstairs who I have introduced to you continues to amaze me with more connections.

We went out to dinner Tuesday eve for a lite repast and chat. In following the thread of our conversation we were lead to another friendship connection that is so random. She knows our most dear friends in Murphys. She went to high school with them and was a best friend to Peggy's sister. It was another OMG, this little apartment complex brought us together with such interesting connections. Besides that she also knows from years ago another special friend who is from another part of my life during her days as a flight attendant. How could this be for me to meet this interesting woman who has been weaving into my life with these mutual connections that is creating such a wonderful and sticky gooey glue to bind us together.

Last night I wanted Anna to meet this new friend of mine. It was hot so not a good night to cook. Sushi was in order. Before we left Anna said, "Just wait, mom, she is going to know our favorite Yakkos and it will be her favorite too." Laughingly I said, "No way, that would add to this ridiculous serendipitous mesh of connections making meeting this woman a mind blower!"

You guessed it, in the car we said to Dorian, "We are taking you to our favorite sushi place in Mountain View." She replied, "Is it on Dana?" (Mind you there are hundreds of sushi places around here.) In unison Anna and I said, "OMG, you know Yakkos!" Dorian coolly told us, "it is a favorite that I go to with my friend. It is the best." Hmmmmmm. Now to you readers this may not sound so amazing but the time I am spending with this woman is kind of magical in all of its serendipity that continued that evening to open up other long past connections as well.

We had a great time together and Anna loves her. We are obviously fast friends, the three of us. Our conversation was filled with mutual interest, openness and newness. What a great new friend to find at this time. As Anna says, "She is not afraid. She understands where we are. We can have good conversations about what is real with her." I am sure there will be many adventures with Dorian.

Continuing the update, physical therapy is good. My knee is getting better everyday. This weekend I am going to take a short walk in the vineyard with Doug and Roxy. Anna is strong and enjoying her new project collecting orders for the Anna Banana Bunch Tshirts. This is a great and fun distraction.

We realize that we are just in the beginning of this process and that the transplant could be any time or in weeks or months. We are doing the best we can to entertain ourselves in our limited time slots along with all the must get dones and respiratory therapy. The clock is ticking, the hope is alive and we breathe and live with as much gusto as we can muster everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment