Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Revealing My Insides


An inside look. What do we see when we take an inside look? Do you know what this film captured? It is an inside look. Sometimes an inside look shows us mysteries, sometimes it reveals something expected, but it always adds dimension. That is what it is like for me to have a writing practice. This blog has become my writing practice.

Having a "practice" or way to express my inner so that I can examine the workings is so important. It reveals some of my vulnerabilities. I have learned that that is the sweet spot. We all avoid that place, the Vulnerable Place. We all must have an image of what that place is inside. For me it is a place to hide. It is the boulder along the path that provides convenient shelter so that when the other hikers come along there is no way they can see me. I can hide behind like a rabbit and shiver in my place with no one knowing. Other travelers will journey past and never guess that I was there. Good, I like it that way. Safe and alone.........

Confronting illness and life threatening situations chips at that boulder. Opening to the emotions that arise and being willing to put them on the table honestly is a tool that works like a chisel. I have been chiseling. It has been liberating. I have allowed you into my journey, into some of my vulnerabilities, not all of them mind you. I need to keep some close still. Writing is a safe tool though. I can write, revise and change and then write again. What is seen is the finished product. When you are on film that is another thing.

Anna and I have tried doing a little Flip camera filming of ourselves. We will try some more today. It is so different when your face has to be seen and your words have to just spill out of your mouth with no other ability to edit, change punctuation or spell check. There you are, recorded, visually, audibly. Vulnerable.......

We have agreed to participate in filming ourselves and to be filmed to perhaps be a part of the saga of the documentary movie, The Power of Two. We have already been a part of filming sessions and there will perhaps be a snippet or two of both of us in the film but on Thursday the director and camera man will come to the house for a more formal interview.

The film is about organ donation, transplant and cystic fibrosis centering around the lives of our dear friends and double lung transplant recipients, Ana and Isa. Their journey, started a little over a year ago, is the core of this documentary and has been amazing. They have brought international awareness about the need for people to sign up as organ donors and spread the word about the miracle of transplant. It is a great and inspiring story.

The timing of this film and Anna's need for a transplant has coincided so that her story about being in real time on the list adds an important dimension to the documentary. It feels right to share with this project what is going on in our lives. Perhaps it will help others who find themselves where we are. That is the perspective we have. We dedicate our participation to others who may need support or connection through this film, as well as, to the need for education about the truth of this miracle and how it can be offered to many more, so that they are not lost while waiting on a list.

So, it will be another lesson in VULNERABLE. I must keep my rabbit out munching the trail grasses paying no mind to those that stop to watch.

If you are interested, go to: http://www.thepoweroftwomovie.com/

The photo above was taken of my insides, the insides of my knee when I was in quite a vulnerable moment....... an amazing world in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment