Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

One, Two Three.......... Knee Surgery


Before this next dose of vicodin fully kicks in and my head starts to swim I want to report that all went well today. I can not believe that I had surgery! If you had asked me just two days ago if I thought I would have knee surgery with a general anesthetic today I would have called you insane! Why in the #@?! would I complicate our lives and risk my care giving skills for Anna now, at this time? Crazy, Insane, Looney, Nuts! And now I must say that the greatest thing was that it was so quick, from that telling look on my doctor's face to his appearance in his cute blue net hat in the O.R. I just dove in, did it, no time to ruminate, no time to worry, no time to fret. The time is now. One, two, three, GO!

Sara picked me up at the apartment at 5:15 AM to arrive by 5:45 AM at the out patient surgical center. I did not give myself any time or space to doubt. This was getting done. I was trusting that this was the best time for this, the lungs could not possibly appear while I was under the knife and that I will have a little time to heal before they do arrive. Of course I may have a lot of time to heal. That is the great unknown. Life happens, they say, and in the Modlin household that seems to be definitely true.

I am now situated with crutches by my side, ice water flowing through a nifty blue tube system around my knee, the phone in arm's reach, and my bag packed. If lungs should arrive tonight, I am ready! But, I am sure glad that I have Doug to drive (and generally be my slave for a few days). These drugs are a bit disorienting, yes it is now kicking in. Time for shut eye..........

P.S. Thank you Sara and Wendy for taking such good care of me. And you too, Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment