Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

When You Have A Goat...


Day 48, awaiting the call for Anna's double lung transplant.


This weekend I finally got to work in the garden. The brussel sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli were planted. Doug laid the soaker hose and the drip system was turned on. Oh boy, soon a stream of water poured out the space inbetween the the boards of the raised bed. A leak, a major leak interrupted our Sunday flow. Digging down deep under the gopher screen was a cracked pipe. I will not go into the fault and blame for this minor catastrophe. Slipping in between the thoughts of blame and cursing about this stupid situation and its inconvenience was a lesson I learned from my friend, Lama Gangha many years ago.

I do not remember the question I asked at the time, but I do remember the response. Translated from Tibetan, Lama Gangha offered me a lesson that continues to teach me. I see the truth of it every day. He said eloquently, "when you have goats, you have goat problems. When you have cows, you have cow problems." Then, he smiled. Now I know, this is the nature of the world. All things have problems that come with them. Today it was, "when you have a raised vegetable garden bed with a deep seated water system, you can have raised vegetable garden bed with a deep seated water system problems", and that we did.

Remember, goats have goat problems and cows have cow problems. Transplant has waiting and transplant waiting is the problem. It is solved by a call.............. we are awaiting.

1 comment: