Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Favorite Thing, NEW LUNGS FOR ANNA!

Day 1 post transplant! Hoooorrraaayyyy!

Talk about exhausted............. Slept at the apartment last night. Doug could not sleep and had to be with Anna all night. So glad he was here so that I could let go into rest. He is now trying to catch up with some sleep. Sara and I are now in the NICU waiting room at our post. Saw Anna and she was trying very hard to communicate. She wanted to write a message to us. So frustrating for her and for us to watch her struggle to tell us something. We had to tell her to be patient. The nurses are fabulous and all is going OK. She has a fever that we are not going to worry about right now. She is oxygenating well and they are planning to take the tube out this afternoon. Then we can begin to communicate. Most important is she did it! It will be rough for the next few days but she will get through this with the incredible care she is receiving.

So what does this feel like? What does it really feel like through the numbing tiredness and layer of worry? It feels like someone on Oprah's Favorite Things Show! I know you may think this silly. And it is, but I saw that show on Friday and Casey taped it for Anna yesterday and we watched it to wind down last night. All I could imagine was......

Oprah on stage saying, "So, do you have CF? Do you cough and cough, do multiple treatments a day, are you tied to an O2 cannula? Well, here is one of my most favorite things!!!!!!! NEW LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then of course the audience goes wild, I mean WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. :) I watched this yesterday as well...I don't think it's silly at all! I am thinking of you Robin, if you need anything, I'm here!!

    ReplyDelete