Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

THE CALL

Today is the 109th day since we began waiting..........

1AM the phone rang. Doug answered, Anna got the call. The surgeon said for her to be at the hospital at 8AM. I am numb. It is shocking. Here it is. It is now 1:57AM. We can not sleep. How do you sleep? Peppermint tea is comforting, Roxy just brought me a dog toy......life is normal, but now we have THE CALL!

I must say though, there is still a chance for this to be a false alarm. The surgeon said that they still had to make some more tests on the lungs to be perfectly sure. If it is a go the surgery will be in the afternoon. The other amazing thing is the donor is at Stanford Hospital. This is absolutely the best for Anna if it is the right lungs. That means less time for the lungs to be out of the body. It is so much better this way for her.

What happened? Anna was fed up this week, she was done waiting. It was getting hard. We went for a walk yesterday but it wore her out so much. She had to stop and rest on a fire hydrant. This seemed so normal to me. How can it be that it is normal for my young woman daughter to need to stop after a block of walking while on O2........... this is not normal. This is a young woman with very sick lungs who has the courage of a lion, the greatest determination and strong will you will ever meet, and who is going to kick butt in this surgery and recovery. Look out world......... here comes Anna................ (we hope, keep your fingers crossed) I will post as soon as I can if the surgery is a go...............

P.S. the numerology of this............. remember we were so focused on October 23? Yesterday Isa said she had a feeling it would be on November 23......... there is was again, the 23! Well, today is 11-12 and 11+12=23! It never fails........... just got to wait for it to show you how!

4 comments:

  1. Go Anna!!! I hope this is it!!! I hope this is the one!!! I love that the numbers line up... You're in my thoughts and prayers, Anna... I hope this is your first step on a truly amazing journey. Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steven, we so appreciate your support.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart absolutely LEAPT when I read this. Good luck to all of you. I really hope this is the perfect match. I'm going to go running for Anna right now and sent every deep breath to her in my mind as I run, willing thos lungs to be her destiny. Take care and be well. Much love, Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Gosh. Read your first email and was on the ceiling with joy and terror and BELIEVING. Then read your second "false run" email, and I'm back in my chair facing the "to dos" of today with the feeling of adrenaline still pulsing in my veins. BUT this practice run has me washing my t-shirt and preparing for solidarity. Is it not the echo of our entire mom lives? The roller coaster keeps going. Have courage dear Modlin family. Believe...the healthy lungs are on their way, somewhere in this vast, un-knowable universe. Hold fast to those numbers. Sending enormous love, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete