Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Hopefully Last Day In ICU

Day 4 post transplant....

Update, Anna is far more alert today. Yesterday she was really out of it in the afternoon and evening. Today we arrived with her sitting up in her chair and she had eaten some breakfast. She was far more aware but still exhausted. She is suffering from the effects of the super, super high dose of prednisone. It can make patients insane. Anna thought she would be greatly effected by it. She has had numerous hallucinations and seems drunk with kind of slurred speach and dropping things. She says that she is out of it. Taking to the Dr. they believe that this is due to the pred so we are watching her.

I reminded Anna that she told me how the scenario would go, "I will have a rough time in the beginning but once I get over the hump all will go smoothly." She repeated this to me many times while we were in the waiting game. She acknowledged that was right. She did not know the details and did not expect the kidney issues but we will go with her idea that it will all resolve and we will move forward. Keep sending the positive vibes and pee, pee, pee.

The big change today should be that she will move out of ICU. We are waiting for a bed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mom,

    Tell Anna I think she ROCKS!!! It's nice that she predicted her journey pretty well -- still, even though you knew what was going to happen, when you're in the middle of crazy, you don't always recall all of those predictions you made!!! She and her kidneys are in my thoughts and prayers...

    Every time I hear that her lungs sound amazing, I smile... She's a rock-star to me!!! Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete