Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

It Is Happening, New Lungs Have Arrived!

Day 119 and Anna is receiving new lungs............

Anna was wheeled into the OR at 4:30AM. We got to the hospital at 11:30PM. Anna had her entourage, Ana, Isa, Mom, Dad, Aunt Sue, Sara, Lou, Casey and Linda. The evening went by very fast with story telling, and oh my gosh I can not believe it is really here. Anna entertained us with her humor and strength.



What we know is the donor is a youngish woman with healthy lungs that were a perfect match. From the beginning it was felt that this was a go and good for Anna. Someone's family allowed this donor to offer a new life to Anna and we are sure others as well. Let us take a breath and be grateful to them and know that their Thanksgiving will be different from ours. May their grief be comforted with love and family.

The surgery will take about 6-8 hours. We are camped in the NICU waiting room. I am so glad that my sister is here with us. The signs...........the full moon, a beautiful number 11-22 and my sister arriving today from Oregon with her family for Thanksgiving. I always wanted her to be here when this happened. It is so amazing that she is here. In fact it was such a warm and upbeat evening with everyone who was with us. We are so blessed by these loving people.

I will post as I find things out. Sara is taking over Anna's blog for the next few days...........

3 comments:

  1. How is the waiting going? Have you been able to get a wink of sleep? I will be checking this blog and Anna's blog for updates all day long. Much love and strength to you and the whole family. Thanksgiving has come early. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Anna, Go! It was so special to be with you guys last night (aka this morning!) Anna was so READY--it was unbelievable. This is the home stretch of waiting for all the Modlins and Casey. Wish I was still waiting there with you but I'm there in spirit. I'm going to try to come tonight and let me know if you need me to bring anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom told me the news this morning. So glad that Sue is with you. I'm sending you all my love.
    Thankful.

    ReplyDelete