Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

May All Continue To Go Well


The cold weather has returned. So glad we went to the beach when we did. Week 10 is about to begin. The tiredness is not as intense. I started some acupuncture a week ago and have now had 4 treatments. There is something about this Chinese medicine. I know that there are studies that show it not effective but there are others that show it to help with pain. I guess I am going for the pain. It is the pain of tiredness, soreness in the legs, and general pain of life. Wanting to get through this final period with a sense of rejuvenation, ready for an energetic Spring and year to come. I have sought out acupuncture at certain periods of my life for about 30 years now. It seems to work for me. What I do know is that that hour on the table with needles inserted, a room darkened, gentle music playing and a kind soul caring for me does the trick. I always leave with a sense of deep, deep rest. Just what I need.

This week will include a clinic visit, rehab and the continued process just begun of cleaning out Anna's cupboards. She is starting to reclaim her home and its contents. Even after going for "an hour" walk she can recover and keep at it. The young woman is starting to act like a "normie" like you and me. We take our ability to have our day and all the things that we do definitely for granted. To someone with serious chronic illness the normal things can not get done like they do for us. But now, Anna is starting to getting them done. Wonderful.

At clinic we will talk about our transition to normal. I will have to give 30 days notice to leave my apartment and I am hoping that I can give notice this week! That means that hopefully in this month Anna will begin to drive again after a year of not being able to while taking over or rather, taking back her life with me shrinking back into the shadows. I will always be there when needed of course, of course but it is time for new life and more time with our honeys. Less time as a tied at the hip mother daughter team. It is time. It is time. I am only thinking positive for Anna's continued healing and recovery to move forward. May all continue to go well..............

No comments:

Post a Comment