Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update on Thursday


I wish it was spring 2011 and we were done with this tough stuff
and walking in the wildflowers....


Day 10 post transplant.......

Anna's nurse called me this morning about 8:45. Anna was wondering when I was coming. The ICU visiting hours begin at 10AM. I promised I would be there. We just spent two hours together. Her brain is very, very much better but she said, "this is so hard, the hardest thing I have ever done." Finally I was able to cry. Anna has always allowed me to be able to have any and all of my feelings. We have always been so honest with each other. The tears helped me a lot. Unfortunately, they did not fix the problems she is having. Only time will do that.

I wish there really was magic and an incantation to make it all go away. You mothers know what I mean. You can not stand to see the suffering of your child. It is unbearable at times. The best we can do is comfort, love and allow what ever process is in place to move forward unveiling their own story of life with pain and with love. She agreed that the thing we would like most is to close our eyes, fall asleep and then wake up in about 1 month to all the tough stuff being over.

It helps me to be able to wash her hair with a shampoo cap kit made just for hospital stays and then run my fingers through her cute curls making sure there are no snarls. I also love to help the nurses bring new blankets and attend to all the comfort needs. Anna wanted to walk some so we held hands and I walked backward and she towards me like a dance with gentle steps across the room then to turn and return. This was very tiring for her but she can not stand being still for so long.

A room has been ordered for her to leave the ICU today. It just takes time for them to make the shift. Soon hopefully we will be in a private room again. Keep up the positive thoughts and prayers. If we are truly One in mind and spirit it can only help when so many aspects of the One focus good thoughts on this young woman who has fought so hard to live her life and had the courage to under go this incredible surgery and life transformation. She so deserves this opportunity I just wish it was not so very, very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment