Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Day Healing


Anna and Casey, Napping

This afternoon Anna is getting another dialysis. At least she was with her Casey. We are all so tired. Doug and I were invited to nap at the Home Tel across from the hospital by Stephanie, Barbara and Steve. We had such a restful nap. Anna will be in ICU this evening and will be moved out tomorrow (we hope). She is aware of everything and thinking and asking appropriate questions with a few inappropriate ones and with some fog and a little strangeness. While we were with her she remembered on her own pulling out her lines while she was having a dream. Her memory is amazing. We thought she would not know what happened. So, we are moving over this hump. We hope that tomorrow is even a better day.

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable photo! I love all the pictures and stories from ground zero of transplant. Thank you for sharing. I've known Anna for a long time. I went to CFRI camp from 1984-1994. I came back to Retreat this summer, just because she asked me to. It was amazing and I miss her. I can't wait to celebrate her new lungs next year at Retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modlins,
    We are sending love and light every day to you as we light our "healing candle" each night. Your daily updates are such a gift, your open and candid reporting reflect the love and courage of the whole family. Blessings and a big hug to all.
    Love Megan

    ReplyDelete