Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Numbers and Memories

Secrets
By, Bill Dougherty, Dad


Day 77 awaiting the call for Anna's double lung transplant.....

10-10-10 has passed us by. What Anna thought would be a cool date for her new lungs to appear was a cool date for another lung recipient at Stanford yesterday. Day 77 is pretty cool of a number too but this day is nearly gone. I know the day that she does get the call will be the coolest day ever, I just do not know what day that is to be. I can not guess.

I remember as my mother was dying I looked at the calendar on the hospital wall. It said April 11. I thought, "of course!". My father died on 11-13. It seemed poetic that mom would die on 4-11 (please note that 4 is equal to the 13 or 1+3 in my dad's date). They were the opposite, 4-11 and 11-4, but it karmicly made sense in a strange only I can make these things up way. Mom just wanted to be with Dad. She missed him so much. I do not know what special number Anna's transplant date will be. Maybe it won't be special at all until we decide that it is and how could we not think that any date would be special?

Speaking of Dad, my dad and I studied some numerology together many years ago. He was so willing to explore different ideas and meanings to life. Dad was quite special. He dove into an exploration of metaphysics and spirituality with an intelligence and openness that allowed us to have fun and deep and meaningful discussions about life. Eventually he decided that all of that stuff was silly and not right for him but he did let himself have a fanciful imagination with his daughter for a while. Dad really was grounded most of all. He was a man of the earth and plants. He had a special way with gardens and growing and was connected to nature. He was also a fabulous artist and sculptor.

Coming up next month will be the 13th anniversary of Dad's death on 11-13. There are those numbers again. The number 13 is significant for Anna too as her birthday was on the 13th. It has been a long time since I spent time with Dad but he is forever with me in my heart and mind. I have conversations with him when I question what I am doing in the garden. We go over the problem and he tells me what to do, most of the time. He was such a loving and supportive father, I am so very lucky to have had him for so many years in my life. If there are other places that spirits go when the body dies I wonder if he is helping to decide the best numerology for Anna's life giving gift. I have no idea on what this number will be but what ever it is, indeed as I have already said, it will be numerologically significant to us.

It would not be here if not to walk upon
this mystery that is earth
It would not support you
or take you on the journey to the end of time
For time ends here
It would not matter if not part of
the Plan
Remember
as above
so below
Energies from the soul to the heart
Spirit in matter
Roots in the sand
Branches in the sky
These many earth thoughts shrieking to be born
Part of the planet we walk upon
part of the matter we all are
Try not to escape this earth being
Your free will feels the pull of earth’s energy below
Your soul will feed on the energy of power above
They will meet and synchronize and coalesce into one becoming
But fires burn slowly
Wait and learn and understand this spirit in matter
Earths song

By, Elayne Dougherty, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment