Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

What More Can I Say?


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Thank you for the Miracle!

Nine months gestation.................

Today is the day! I am moving out. Sitting here now in the wheelchair (only chair left in the apartment) waiting for Cort furniture rentals to come and take the rest away. This is the day I mark Mission Accomplished. I am moving home to Livermore full time now. And it has been exactly nine months in this apartment. A perfect amount of time to gestate and release a daughter into her second life. The time here covered the period during transplant evaluation, transplant listing, transplant waiting, transplant and transplant recovery. I have been here for three seasons Summer, Fall and Winter. We had Christmas here huddled together in the front room with Anna's recovery bed next to our tiny Target tinsel tree. Sara says it was the best Christmas she ever had. This place held me in my tiredness, in my sorrow, in my anxiety, in my hopefulness, and in my final immense gratitude. It is done.

I am so glad that I am not getting on a plane to some far off city but only driving 1 hour from here. We will find a new normal and ways to be together in good health and for fun. I am so happy to return home. Before I do I am writing my last blog entry for this chapter in my life. I am serious this is it. This blog was to be about my experience being a mother of a 29 year old with cystic fibrosis who needed a transplant. That is not what I want to write about any more. I want to claim other parts of my life. I want to focus on other aspects of who I am. I want to dive into my third chapter of life feeling fulfilled and ready to explore other ways to be. I am considering whether to start another blog so I have set one up in case I can not get the writing bug out of me. I will call it Chapter Three (click on the title to get there). If you are interested you can check in. I give no guarantees how much I will write or even if I will but I thought I should set it up to give me an option.

Before I sign off I want to mention the serious and the silly. The serious is the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan today. The morning was spent with the TV on. I send love and prayers of protection to my friends in Japan. I am especially concerned about the Adachi's and hope that Akihiro who received his lung transplant in December is doing OK. They live in Sendai which was devastated with the rising water. Part of my journey to Anna's transplant was via Japan where I prayed in their temple. Japan is a very special place and my heart goes out to everyone there.


May Blessings Rain Upon Japan

And here is also the silly. When I moved here I posed the question...... how much yogurt would be eaten in the time I lived here? I reported from time to time on my goat yogurt consumption. I saved every container for this very moment. The answer, 39 containers of goat yogurt, plain and vanilla. Think what you may about this food of choice for breakfast.


So, here it is, my ending to the story. I received hope in Japan that a Miracle would come for my daughter dieing of cystic fibrosis. Many serendipitous things happened along the way. We even met and received blessings from the Dalai Lama. The Miracle arrived. It was tough and grueling for a good part of this journey. Many tears were wept and many wonderful loving and fun times were had too.

We must also always remember that someone we do not know lost their life in order for Anna to receive a new life. We are so grateful. And now, because of this kindness and generosity from another's grief we are beginning new lives, all of us, Anna, Casey, Sara, Lou, Doug and Me. It has been an amazing journey for sure..................




Our Last Supper (Lunch)

Want to continue to follow Anna? Go to Anna's blog.

1 comment:

  1. All thumbs up. I'm taking a big, deep breath in your honor, Anna. Thank you Robin.

    ReplyDelete